Friday, April 18, 2014

Port Saint Joe to Apalachicola


Wednesday 4/16/14

With more easterly winds of 20-plus knots any pleasant sailing is on hold. We feel like we’ve “done” Port Saint Joe and with a few days before the boat show in Apalachicola, Dan and Steve consider sleeping in a house with high-def TV a simple choice so they head with boats in tow back to Steve’s. As tempting as the lure of satellite TV is, I’m out here to explore as much as possible (or so I thought).

With Hobbes in tow I drive the 35-miles to Apalach (as the locals call home) and launch at Scipio Creek Marina on the Apalachicola River with just a short walk to town, but I have to admit to liking having my car available if the weather turns wet – which is predicted – again! As with Saint Joe Marina, I’m charged by the foot – yea! Unlike the former, facilities here are a bit on the “rustic” side but I’m tucked behind a large power boat and have AC. Not really wanting Hobbes for a “marina hopper” I do have her outfitted with a battery charger and even a small AC heater (thanks Ted). And a good thing as wind, clouds, and rain might be coming in (but little did I know).


No comments:

Post a Comment